#AskKenneth 201: Barbell Romanian Deadlift (RDL) 羅馬式硬拉
RDL is one of the most difficult exercises to coach people.
1. Focus on your Lats, Hamstrings Glutes
2. Keep your Lats tight
3. Keep the barbell close to your body
4. Maintain your back straight
5. Shift back your hip and keep the weight on your heels
6. I normally do Tempo 3111
Sometimes I pause longer at the bottom of range to contract (feel) my hamstrings. If I cannot feel my hamstrings, I may lift lighter weight and pause even longer.
7. I, personally, do deadlift with heavy weight, but I don't do RDL with heavy weight. I spend time with the weight and to create longer Time Under Tension.
8. As we know that, lifting weight (hypertrophy) doesn't mean lifting from point A to point B.
Lift with a purpose.
9. I have been spending a lot of time to "kill" my hamstrings & glutes. They are weak-links. I have to find different ways to stimulate them - to make them as lean as I can.
10. When you're performing RDL with barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell, unilateral& bilateral exercises, you are using the same techniques. No difference.