#AskKenneth: Scapulae Retraction & Protraction
As Strength Sensei mentioned that if Squat is the King of the Lower body exercise; then Pull-up is the King of the upper body.
Today I am going to demonstrate the difference between scapulae Retraction & Protraction. Ideally, a trainee must perform Chin-ups/ Pull-ups with Retraction instead of Protraction.
But it is not easy at all.
Some people always complaint that they train very hard and did a lot of back exercises, but they cannot quite develop their Back muscles. Of course, they are thousands of gators affect that problem. However, today I would like to focus on ONE thing - Scapulae Retraction.
What if I pull up myself at the top with protraction, what should I do? How can I adjust my form?
👉Here is the solution:
• Keep both legs behind your body
• Arch your back more before eccentric phase
• Open your shoulders again (retraction)
• Feel your lats during eccentric
• That why we need to do slow eccentric (lower down yourself)