#AskKenneth 25: Step-ups
I realizied that many people don't know how to perform Step-ups properly
Here are some tips for you.
1. Knee must go beyond the toes.
2. Drive working leg up. I would say 90% on working leg.
3. Fully extend your working leg.
4. Then do slow eccentric on the floor.
5. You should not use momentum to help you to drive up again. One after one.
6. Slow & Control
Step-ups can strengthen your Vastus Medialis Oblique (VMO).
VMO can prevent anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury.
It benefits to all runners, basketball players, rugby players, football players, volleyball players...